Frequently Asked Questions
BEWARE OF SCAMS
The CT Lottery is committed to the responsible sale and play of its games. Unfortunately, there are dishonest individuals and groups who make their living by operating scams designed to trick people into thinking they’ve won a lottery prize. Their goal is to convince victims to provide personal information or pay fake "processing fees" and “taxes” through a wire transfer or money order.
Unless you specifically entered a CT Lottery promotion, you will never be contacted by the CT Lottery informing you that you have won a prize. If you did not purchase a Lottery ticket or enter a 2nd Chance drawing, you cannot win a prize. Click here for more information about Scams.
All questions on this page relate only to CT Lottery’s Build It Bucks (Game #1304)
Questions about your Build It Bucks 2nd Chance Account
- Q: How do I update my personal information that I submitted when I created my Build It Bucks 2nd Chance account?
- A: To update your personal information, log in using the email address and password that you registered when you created your account. Then click on Update Account and make any needed updates. Click Submit when you are finished.
- Q: What should I do if I can't remember my password?
- A: Reset your Build It Bucks 2nd Chance account password.
- Q: What should I do if I encounter a problem with the 2nd Chance Drawings website?
- A: Click on Contact Us to submit your question or problem. We will assist you via return email. The more details you can provide, the better chance we will have of quickly resolving the problem.
Questions about Entries and Tickets
- Q: Which tickets are eligible for the 2nd Chance Drawings?
- A: All non-winning CT Lottery $50,000 Build It Bucks (Game #1304) tickets are eligible. One ticket is required per entry.
- Q: Can I enter the 2nd Chance Drawings more than one time?
- A: Yes, you may enter the drawings as many times as you wish. Each entry requires the submission of a non-winning, CT Lottery $50,000 Build It Bucks (Game #1304) scratch ticket that has not yet been submitted.
- Q: How can I be sure that my Internet entry has been submitted?
- A: When an entry is accepted, a record of it appears at the bottom of your Enter Now page.
- Q: What happens if I submit my entry after the deadline for one of the 2nd Chance Drawings?
- A: Entries not received by the specified deadline for a drawing will be automatically entered in the next scheduled drawing. Entries received after the final Entry Deadline for Drawing #6 will not be included in any $50,000 Build It Bucks 2nd Chance Drawings.
- Q: What happens to the entries that are not drawn in one of the 2nd Chance Drawings? Are they included in upcoming drawings?
- A: Once submitted, your ticket is eligible for all upcoming $50,000 Build It Bucks 2nd Chance Drawings. Once the ticket wins a drawing prize, it is no longer eligible to be selected again.
- Q: Can I throw away my tickets after submitting them into the 2nd Chance Drawings?
- A: No. You must keep all tickets that you submit for the 2nd Chance Drawings until 60 days after the final drawing has ended. If you are selected as a drawing winner, you will need to provide the ticket to the Lottery in order to claim your prize. Failure to present the Game ticket will disqualify your entry and you will not receive a prize.
- Q: I would rather mail in my scratch tickets. How do I do that?
- A: Check the back of the ticket for instructions on 2nd Chance Drawing Procedures and how and where to mail in your tickets.
- Q: Are my chances of winning better if I mail in my entries?
- A: The chance of an entry being selected in a drawing is the same whether entering via mail or the Internet. Each entry has an equal chance of winning regardless of the method of entry.
- Q: Can I double my chances to win by entering a ticket on the Internet and then mailing it in as an entry?
- A: No. An Internet entry is not eligible to be mailed in and vice versa.
- Q: I live out of state. Am I eligible to enter the 2nd Chance Drawings?
- A: Non-Connecticut residents may enter only via mail by following the instructions for mail-in entries.
Questions about Winners
- Q: What are my chances of winning a prize in the 2nd Chance Drawings?
- A: Your odds of winning are based on the total number of entries received for the drawing and the total number of entries that you have submitted.
- Q: Can I win a prize in the 2nd Chance Drawings more than one time?
- A: Entrants can only win one prize per drawing.
- Q: How will I be notified if I win a prize?
- A: If your entry is selected, you will be notified by the Lottery via Certified Mail using the contact information in your player account or ticket back (if submitted via mail). Please make sure that all of your information is up-to-date. Following verification, winners’ names & hometowns will be posted on the Drawings & Winners page.